What is the Role?
As part of an energetic and enthusiastic team, work with the Sport & PDHPE departments to deliver our Secondary School Sports Program for the 2023 season. Available for midweek training after School (6:30am - 8:00am / 3:30pm - 5:30pm) and for Saturday competition across 10 weeks during School terms (mainly for ISA Sports).
Inspire our students to excel in the following sport as:
Who will the successful applicants be?
- You will be working at, for example, either the St Andrew’s House Campus, Sydney University Sports and Aquatic Centre or Wentworth Park (other venues may be used as needed)
- Bring specialist knowledge and experience as well as a passion and enthusiasm to coach and mentor
- Be a role model for our students
- Have a current Working with Children Check, Level 1 First Aid and Covid-19 Vaccination or be prepared to obtain these
- Ideally you will have relevant coaching experience and hold a minimum Level 1 coaching accreditation in your area of expertise
- Model the St Andrew’s Cathedral School values and behaviours
Prior experience in a school setting is an advantage but not essential.
To apply please click the apply button, and upload your resume, including some information about you and your previous coaching experience.
Interviews will commence as applications are received.
For any questions, please contact Beatrice Coddington, Sports Administrator on 9286 9645.
Who are we?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) is an independent, Kindergarten to Year 12 Anglican school located in two high-rise buildings in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school offers students a strong academic program and extensive opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drama and outdoor education. As an authentically Christian school in the Anglican tradition, Christian values are embedded in all aspects of daily life, with honesty, integrity, humility, respect and service being foundational to the richness of relationships at SACS. We seek to develop students who think critically and creatively and have hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
Why St Andrew's Cathedral School?
The School received Voice Project's Best Workplace Award for staff satisfaction and engagement in 2020, and was recently awarded 5 Star Employer of Choice 2022 by The Educator for positive employee experience. This is an amazing achievement, representative of a supportive, collegiate culture where every staff member is known, valued and equipped to excel in their role.
Prior to employment at the School, this position requires the successful applicant to have:
- Evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
- A Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.