What is the Role?
Providing exceptional and strategic leadership to the team of committed and professional staff responsible for student (Years 7-12) and staff learning. Responsible for and managing all aspects pertaining to the Extended Essay. This is a full-time, permanent position, commencing Term 4, 2022.
Who will the successful applicant be?
- Extensive experience in planning, development, implementation & evaluation of student / teacher focused information and research services
- Understanding of and previous experience with the International Baccalaureate Diploma, the IB Extended Essay requirements and IAs
- Enthusiasm for enhancing learning and the ability to inspire secondary age students
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with staff and students
- Confidence in the use of technology to enhance learning
- An understanding of and commitment to the School’s Christian framework, values and ethos
A detailed position description is attached - top RHS of advertisement.
Applications close: 4:00pm, Wednesday 17 August 2022
Interviews will commence as applications are received.
See here for further employment benefits at SACS: https://www.sacs.nsw.edu.au/employment/
Who are we?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) is an independent, Kindergarten to Year 12 Anglican school located in two high-rise buildings in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school offers students a strong academic program and extensive opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drama and outdoor education. As an authentically Christian school in the Anglican tradition, Christian values are embedded in all aspects of daily life, with honesty, integrity, humility, respect and service being foundational to the richness of relationships at SACS. We seek to develop students who think critically and creatively and have hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
Why St Andrew's Cathedral School?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School received Voice Project's Best Workplace Award for staff satisfaction and engagement in 2020, and was recently awarded 5 Star Employer of Choice 2022 by The Educator for positive employee experience. This is an amazing achievement, representative of a supportive, collegiate culture where every staff member is known, valued and equipped to excel in their role.
Prior to employment at the School, this position requires the successful applicant to have:
- Evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
- A Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.