What is the Role?
A permanent, full-time position teaching Science to Years 7 - 10, with a possible opportunity of teaching HSC or IB Physics to Years 11 - 12 students (experience dependent). Starting immediately, join the team of committed and professional staff, teaching an exemplary science program. Would suit a new graduate.
Who will the successful applicant be?
- Recent experience in teaching science, particularly years 7-10
- Enthusiasm for their subject and the ability to inspire secondary age students
- Knowledge of recent developments in the theory and practice of senior secondary pedagogy and specifically how this applies to their subject area
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the Science team
- Confidence in the use of technology and a willingness to embrace it to enhance learning in the classroom
- An understanding of and commitment to the School’s Christian mission, values and ethos
Previous experience teaching International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) is highly desirable.
A detailed position description is attached.
Applications close: 4:00pm, Sunday 29 May 2022
Interviews will commence as applications are received.
See here for further employment benefits at SACS: https://www.sacs.nsw.edu.au/employment/
Who are we?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) is an independent, Kindergarten to Year 12 Anglican school located in two high-rise buildings in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school offers students a strong academic program and extensive opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drama and outdoor education. As an authentically Christian school in the Anglican tradition, Christian values are embedded in all aspects of daily life, with honesty, integrity, humility, respect and service being foundational to the richness of relationships at SACS. We seek to develop students who think critically and creatively and have hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
Why St Andrew's Cathedral School?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School received Voice Project's Best Workplace Award for staff satisfaction and engagement in 2020, and was recently awarded 5 Star Employer of Choice 2022 by The Educator for positive employee experience. This is an amazing achievement, representative of a supportive, collegiate culture where every staff member is known, valued and equipped to excel in their role.
Prior to employment at the School, this position requires the successful applicant to have:
- Evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
- A Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.