Who are we?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) is an independent, Kindergarten to Year 12 Anglican school located in two high-rise buildings in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school offers students a strong academic program and extensive opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drama and outdoor education. As an authentically Christian school in the Anglican tradition, Christian values are embedded in all aspects of daily life, with honesty, integrity, humility, respect and service being foundational to the richness of relationships at SACS. We seek to develop students who think critically and creatively and have hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
Why St Andrew's Cathedral School?
This year, St Andrew’s Cathedral School received Voice Project's Best Workplace Award for staff satisfaction and engagement, an amazing achievement, representative of a supportive, collegiate culture where every staff member is known, valued and equipped to excel in their role.
What is the Role?
We are seeking to appoint an experienced secondary school educator who can demonstrate:
- Recent experience in teaching French across Years 7 to 11
- Enthusiasm for their subject and the ability to inspire secondary age students
- Knowledge of recent developments in the theory and practice of senior secondary pedagogy and specifically how this applies to their subject area
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the LOTE team
- Confidence in the use of technology and a willingness to embrace it to enhance learning in the classroom
- An understanding of and commitment to the School’s Christian framework, values and ethos
This role is permanent part time (0.6FTE) over 4 days per week.
Previous experience teaching International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) will be highly regarded.
See here for further employment benefits at SACS: https://www.sacs.nsw.edu.au/employment/
Applications close: Friday 27 November, 2020
Interviews will commence as applications are received.
This position requires the successful applicant to have a new Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, prior to employment at the School. Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information.
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.